- What inspired the name of the band and what are your influences?
Hello, my name is Tony Pettry the founder and guitar player of Shattered. The band name came from throwing a bunch of names around and after Shattered was said out loud I knew that was it. So after a careful search to see if the name was available we went with it. My main influences are King Diamond , Iron Maiden, Kiss, Danzig and so many more.
- How do you approach songwriting? Are there any themes that you are keen to explore when you start off?
When I start songwriting I start off with the riffs I made and became fond of. Started structuring them and go from there. I truly love albums that tell a story from beginning to end like King Diamond does.
- Why do you write the sort of music that you do?
My answer would be , because it comes natural to me and have always loved Heavy Metal. Its all about doing what you love. If not? Then why do it at all?
- How do you decide what songs to perform live and how do you transpose them into that live setting?
We normally pick the fans favorite songs and compile them as starting heavy and ending the show with a bang.
- What are your plans for the future?
Shattered is recording at the moment our new album Skinwalker and then we plan to tour. We are so excited to get back out on the scene.